Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Who's In

the Malissa Contest at BurdaStyle?














I seriously considered it, and then I thought to myself, "There is a reason this dress is only offered in smaller sizes." I am still playing with the idea.

And how cute is that dirndl? My mom spent part of her childhood in Austria, and she tells me I had an adorable dirndl when I was little. From all of her stories growing up, I'm a bit taken with all things Austria. Sound of Music is one of my fav movies. I watched it 8 billion times when I was a kid. I totally wanted to be Leisl, she looked so sassy in that wiesn dirndl! It is one of the most figure flattering lines I can think of in a dress, for so many reasons! I think they are just so.... strong yet feminine. Kind of like Caroline Ingalls-ish (that's right folks, Little House on the Prairie). You can pull a plow in it and still look like a hot momma. I might have to dish out the four dollars for this one...


Progress on Milly's Muslin, but alas, no pics yet :) Should be done by the weekend.

2 comments:

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

You must show some pictures of your adorable child self in that dirndl! I like the Malinda, that's cute.

Trenton Fan Repairs said...

Hi, thanks for posting this