Monday, November 1, 2010


Butterick 4985. At the risk of sounding whiny, I will delve into the drama that is B4985. I knew I was in trouble when the pattern instructions were mysteriously missing- there were only pattern pieces in the envelope. No problem. Then I realized my pattern only went up to size 12 (I usually cut a 16 and taper.) No problem. I somehow lost inches between fitting the lower front panels and finishing them, so I had to improvise with loop buttons. I was forgiving to myself and used oval elastic as the loops. I will not even hate on the stripes not lining up. I love the Caroline Ingalls feel of it.
Then I realized the red tracing papers I used were permanent.
So it'll be cute under a vest.

1 comment:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Oh, boo. I hate when a project that was so much trouble to begin with turns out to have some kind of complication. It will look cute under a vest.