Monday, November 10, 2008

And when I awoke

... this is what I did:

I taught a Summer Dog some Winter tricks.

Simplicity 3750






This looks sneakily like the end result of the upside-down sweater post over at the slapdash sewist. Purely coincidence, but it's nice to know I can use this pattern to reincarnate some thrift shop finds.

I crocheted a cute hat. I am basically creating crochet patterns from scratch these days because every pattern I find lately is way off for me. WAY. And I was so hopeful after those stockings...




I finally started on the ladybird muslin :) I can't wait to silk paint the final version :) This gorgeous print was my very first fabric purchase in NYC, from my trip with Karen. I've got plans for this baby.


And let's all give a warm welcome to Beth the dominatrix dressform:









Again, purely coincidence.



Check out how awesome she looks compared to good ol' Lizzie.

As my husband said, "Oh, yeah. Beth is the hottie." I'm just hoping the girl can fit a pair of pants and a swimsuit. I'm also geeked that her boobies didn't fall :) Well worth the blood spilt during removal. That's right folks. Let's just say I have side seams now.

And last, but certainly not least:

I swear I watched all of season 1 in one sitting. I am now teaching myself how to drape. Darn netflix.
Yeah, I missed you, too :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Project Runway is addictive! And actually it was the boot in the butt I needed to start sewing for myself again after several years of doing nothing but work on my house. Right now I have seasons 1-3 on DVD and my DVD player isn't working, so of course all I want to do is watch it.

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

The hat is adorable! I can only crochet in a straight line. The kind of straight line a drunken person believes is a straight line. And that sweater is way cute. Love it.

Anonymous said...

You should have seen me when I got Season 1 and 2. Marathon viewing was in full mode! The hilarious thing was whenever our girls and their friends(male and female) were over, they would want to watch it with me. It turned out to be a great bonding time! Who'da thunk.
Love the top.