Saturday, November 29, 2008

Little extras

I found this nifty tutorial sheet when I dug into my new french curve ruler:

Is this standard with all rulers? What a golden nugget of info! I feel like this is the kind of little extra that just brightens my day :) This is the Project Runway edition 4 in 1 ruler that BigBox sells- regular $19.99, black Friday price: $7.99.

And perhaps you'll recall the PR lined jacket un-contestant? I added a little extra buttonage.












(notice that little guy in the corner of the pic? He's waiting for me to turn my back so he can run to my sewing machine and play with dangerous things...)

I'm showing on Lizzie, because Beth is currently having a little extra stress on the side seams- much like her real life counterpart.


I'm going to cover the whole thing in masking tape. It doesn't give like the duct tape. She's already expanded like an inch and a half everywhere.

Speaking of PR contests, I was thinking that my wardrobe could use a little extra oompf in the coordinates department. I also notice that there is an "endless combinations" contest running right now, and there's nothing like a PR contest to get that little extra motivation.




















So to do all this sewing, and get all these presents done, all I need is a little extra time :)



3 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Adding the extra buttons really makes the jacket sing! Love it!!!

Karen said...

Extra buttons = very good. I liked it before, but this is way better.

And I like your "to do" list there, especially the vest and the longer skirt. I have both of those patterns and they're in the pile, but who knows when they'll get to the top.

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

The extra buttons really do make a difference! Your coordinates plan looks great. I just got that vest pattern over the weekend.