Thursday, December 4, 2008

They're baack

Tribbles, that is.

And they've adapted. No wonder the Klingons destroyed their homeworld.

The source is this surprisingly luxurious faux fur I found at a JoAnns that was going out of business.


The end of the invasion will be this vest from Butterick 3311:
It's going well so far- but my entire sewing room will need some serious hair removal after all this.
















I love those little pockets in the front dart seam.




And the tie is coming along. I've still got to work out that liner issue- it still needs some tweaking and the long stitching up the back.

Darn blogger pics. It's really not that round.

***** *****
This is a great length of silky feeling wool I picked up at Jomar with the girls not too long ago...















I'm sorry I can't be more specific than I know it's wool. I am soooooooo fabric dumb.

I'm using it for piece number one of the plan- Vogue 2956, the jacket.

but I'm trying to finish those two vests (oh yeah, there's another one) before I pick it up again. New Year's eve is suddenly looking very close...

5 comments:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Love the back detail on that jacket! It's going to look great in that wool.

Lindsay T said...

Dying to see how your fur vest comes out. I've always wanted to make one.

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Love the tribbles reference! The vest will be fantastic...and I love the fabric from JoMars!

Hashi said...

I'd like to make myself a coat (longer length) in a style like this.

cidell said...

You can make the tie! I have great, great faith. Let me know how the sewing up the back goes. I'm going to have a lot of that to do over the weekend.