Friday, February 6, 2009

The Sewing Gods work in mysterious ways.

A pipe broke in my basement last night. No water today.

Hmmm.
No dishes.
No laundry.
No cleaning the bathroom.

:) oh yeah! Sew baby!

The willy nilly quilt blocking I started has evolved into an actual design.













In between dealing with the water thing ("Is it on yet?" "No!" "How about now?" "NO!" I swear I was ready to charge him a helper's fee) I got some more blocks stitched up. I don't really know how big it will end up because I've not considered the borders yet, but the block on the paper is 36" x 36" and I think I'll piece 4 of those together. Again, all suggestions welcomed. Maybe I'll do this for a Mother's Day present...

I'm beginning to see why people get into quilting. Put on an ipod and you can really zone just zipping out those 1/4" straight lines.

******************************

And Etta James is going to have to come and open up a can of whoop-ass on me, because I belted out At Last at the top of my lungs when the mailman came by today!!


If you and I have had a face-to-face conversation in the past year, then you know I've been in agony waiting to make a Betty Shopper. I searched high and low, but time after time, shop after shop- no Betty Shopper. Sure I could have just gone online, but I really dislike internet shopping unless I absolutely know I'm getting a kickin' deal. I waited for the stars to align, and Pattern Review came through once again! I didn't even read the whole email before I clicked over and snagged these three. I could really use the Weekender and a weekend babysitter and I just adore that Sophia! I might coordinate the three and feel all princessy :) Hurry up, President's Day Sales!!!
I'm borrowing my mom's takes-a-lickin'-keeps-on-tickin' White tomorrow. I love that thing. It rolled end-over-end down a rocky cliff and landed in a knee-deep mud puddle, cracked the case and all- still works fine. I don't think the needle has ever been changed. I'm going to use it for the Amy Butler bags and this leather skirt on my UFO list.

no lingerie.

4 comments:

cidell said...

Sister, I'm with you. I have all those bag patterns plus Kimberley. And I'm not a really a bag person. But, I LOVE her designs and I feel like she gives you the tools to do them well! I have my Betty Shopper today with me at work and I fell all cute!

Meg said...

You guys make me want to sew bags. These are so cute.

Little Hunting Creek said...

Be warned - Betty Shopper is one ginormous purse.
Quilting is very zen. I make mini quilt blocks when I'm between projects. It is very relaxing. Occasionally I actually finish one.
(A quilt, not just a block)

Elaray said...

We have to talk about quilting. Part of me wants to make a quilt, but part of me thinks it would be boring.